Thursday, May 20, 2010

TO WED OR NOT TO WED.

I'm literally going crazy looking for the perfect Wedding Dress. Don't freak out, I'm not getting married yet but my good friend Itziar is apparently ready to tie the knot on the 31st July this year in Bilbao. God, it seems that it was yesterday when we were couple of kids spending their summer holidays in Laredo and now she is engaged. It seems surreal but at the same time I'm extremely happy for her.

When she first told me I totally freaked out but, after meeting her for dinner back in December when I was at home, I kind of understand that it was the correct thing to do. She has always been the clear example of "follow the steps" girl: First it came dating the same guy for about 10 years, 3 years ago they bought the dog in common, a year later they invested in their love nest, now the wedding and they are already thinking about kids in the near future.

That is probably one of the reasons why I run away from that society so long time ago. I have always had serious issues accepting rules. I enjoy going with the flow and taking everything as it comes. But now the question remains: Which is the correct position regarding this issue? To wed or not to wed?.

No comments:

Post a Comment